According to The National Associations latest consumer survey 89 percent of recent home buyers relied heavily on the internet to find their new home. Currently there are 3.5 million homes listed for sale in the United States. In today’s ultra-competitive real estate landscape your home has to be more than listed. In order to be successful your home has to be marketed in such a way as to stand out from the competition.
Buyers have a short attention span. As they click through listings it doesn’t take much to lose their attention. A bad photo or an un-interesting description can quickly move a potential buyer into a just another person who will not buy your home.
In 1999 I graduated with an masters degree in business with an emphasis in finance and entrepreneurship from the University of Colorado. At that point I had already been selling real estate for seven years. My original plan was to climb the corporate ladder after graduation. But then I had an epiphany, I loved Boulder and I loved what I was doing. Right then I decided to take my real estate practice to a higher level. I made a commitment to serve my clients with proactive professionalism. To go the extra mile with an attitude of humble service.
Over the past twelve years the real estate industry has evolved and my practice of real estate has been on the leading crest. I pride myself in using multiple channels of distribution to ensure that your home is exposed to the greatest number of potential buyers. In 2006 I was awarded the prestigious Realtor of the Year by the Boulder Area Realtor Association. I have held many leadership positions in my industry over the past decade including board president. I am currently on the Board of Managers of the Northern Colorado MLS (IRES) and serve as the Chairman of the Ethics Committee. Doing business the right way is important to me. I am the broker/owner of an office with 21 agents.
Here is what I do for all of my listings:
- Each of my listings gets their own website. This is the hub of my advertising. It is listed on the MLS sheet, all of my print advertising points back to the website where I can present your home without constraints. I use slideshows, maps, documents and neighborhood information to give the potential buyer something to come back to. Something to send their out-of-town family to see. Here are a few examples: www.2242Holyoke.com, www.772Circle.com, www.2083NorthFork.com, www.852-11th.com, www.749-15th.com, www.BlacksmithCondos.com, www.WildFlowerEstate.net. All are custom sites created by me and a sign rider is made to attach to the yard sign.
- Each listing is sent to the leading real estate sites on the internet. My listings are featured on www.Realtor.com where they highlighted with a gold background. They are featured on www.Trulia.com, www.Zillow.com, www.RealEstate.Yahoo.com, www.realestate.aol.com/, www.coloproperty.com, just to name a few. If your home is listed for more than $750,000 your home gets listed in the real estate websites of The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times.
- I am a member of both IRES (Northern Colorado MLS) and Metrolist (Metro Denver MLS) so that your home gets maximum exposure throughout the entire metro area.
- I take the time to take good photos. I have a good camera and take dozens and dozens of photos at different times to make sure your house looks good. Other agents routinely give me feedback that the house didn’t look as good as the photos. That means I am doing my job. My first job is to get buyers into your home. If we can’t do that then all of the other services I provide never come into play.
- With those good photos I prepare quality color brochures that are available at the house. Here is an example.
- I advertise in the Daily Camera and Homes and Land Magazine. Both give reach targeted to the local home buyer.
- I use Centralized Showing Service. What that means for you is that more showings get set on your home. They are available to set showings between 8 and 8 Monday – Friday and 8 – 6 on the weekends. Three feedback requests are sent out after each showing and I pass on that feedback to you.
- Every two weeks I send you a Listing Activity Report. I prepare this report for each listing. The report includes overall market information, showing information, neighborhood listing information (new, price changes, sold, under contract), internet activity reports (how many views your house has had) and the showing feedback. In order to be successful in selling your home we need to be on the same page. The market is constantly changing and with me you will know what is happening. Here is an example of a report.
Once we have found a buyer I make sure that all of the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed. I bring 20 years of intelligent negotiations to the table. My experience in negotiations allow you to plan for and maximize the price and terms you get for your home. With me there is never any pressure and I know that it is your decision. I am there to advise and supply information so that you can make a good decision. For more information as you get ready to list your home go to my For Sellers page.
If you are looking to sell your house and are looking for a good value, call me. When you are ready to sell I’m ready to serve.Neil Kearney 303.335.0446 Neil@NeilKearney.com Broker/Owner Kearney Realty Co.